The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has launched a new strategic plan for students in India, China, Vietnam and Philippines. This official program, aimed at boosting the processing time to attain study permit is known as Study Direct Stream (SDS). The process was designed in cooperation with Scotia Bank to fasten the study visa processing time from 60 days to 45 days.
To enroll for this new study visa category, certain conditions need to be followed:
- The application is submitted and accepted online;
- Students must score a minimum IELTS band 6 in all four modules;
- Medical examination at least one week prior to the application submission;
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from Scotia Bank of CAD 10,000 must be purchased;
- GIC is equivalent to proof of tuition fee for the first year;
- Colleges must have a registered Designated Learning Institute (DLI) number.
Another prominent change can be seen with the incremental rise in IELTS Band score from 5.5 to 6 in all the modules. This change is facilitated to accelerate the number of quality applicants to attain study visa.
APT consultants have experience in assisting a plethora of students with their study visa applications. Contact our APT study experts now to enroll under SDS at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +91 7799 111111.
If you want to study in Canada, get in touch with our expert study team right now!!