IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is the world’s most popular English language test. More than 3 million IELTS tests are taken each year. If you want to live, study and work around the world, IELTS will open doors for you everywhere. IELTS is accepted in more than 10,000 organizations in 140 countries. Schools, universities, employers, immigration authorities and professional bodies are all part of the list.
Your English skills like reading, writing, listening and speaking are completely assessed by taking IELTS. It is designed to reflect how one will use English at work, study and at play, in their new life abroad.
Let us talk about the IELTS test for a while.
1. The Listening Test: Here are a few tips which will help you sail through.
- First, listen and make notes, then transfer your answers to the answer paper.
- In the Listening test, you need to be very precise when answering the questions.
- If you’re not sure of the answer, it’s important to guess. There are two reasons for this:
i. You do not lose points for having the wrong answer, so there is no risk.
ii. Leaving spaces can get you into trouble as you might write a correct answer in the wrong place later.
2. The Speaking Test: What will you be graded upon?
- Fluency and coherence: how well your response flows and how well your ideas are connected.
- Lexical resource: how well you use vocabulary to express what you mean.
- Range and Accuracy: how well you use English grammar, the variety of grammatical structures you use and how you use grammar to aid understanding.
- Pronunciation: how easy it is for the examiner to understand what you are saying.
- Relevance: you must, of course, stick to the topic on the card.
3. The Writing Test: How to approach?
A common mistake that most exam takers make is read the topic and immediately conclude that one or two words from the topic are the focus keywords of the essay. The first thing you must do is to spend a minute looking at the question and then decide what kind of essay it is asking for.
4. The Reading Test: What do you need here?
Mental Preparation and Strength is what one needs here. Stress is the worst enemy and ends up making you fumble or gets your pitch shaky. If you are applying for a visa from a Non-English speaking country to study abroad, IELTS is on the list of approved secure English Language Tests. If you are planning to visit Canada as a student, the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) are the national standards used in Canada for describing, measuring and recognizing the English language proficiency of adult migrants and prospective migrants for living and working in Canada.
For more information contact us on: +91 7799111111 or visit our website : www.consultingapt.com